miércoles, 21 de enero de 2009

100 mts. Butterfly. Melbourne World Swimming Championship 2007. Podium official photo. Left: Silver, Ian Croker USA Actual World Record holder. Center: Gold, Michael Phelps USA Actual Olimpyc Record Holder and 14 times Olimpyc Gold Medalist. Right: Bronze, Albert Subirats VEN Actual third best swimmer in the world.

Since I was a child my parents introduced me in the world of sports. I practiced several sports during all my childhood. But the ones in which I remained with were Swimming and Karate. Over the time I specialized more in swimming. Then I noticed that if I wanted to improve my performance I had to quit one of them. Since then, I was 11 years old, I took swimming very serious and I started to train hard.
Swimming has given me gorgeous times and experiences in my life, and of course, It has changed my mind completely. To be part of a sport and practice it as a discipline give people an extra personal grow that differs from others who don´t do it. Particularly, swimming has taught me to think and to have always a target in mind. Not only to have it but to break it, to be better than that; and after you reach it, look further for a bigger one.
The competition has been part of my life all my life, It has become my way of thinking things when I want to be better, or maybe the best in anything. This kind of though show you that in the world you will always find competitive people, people willing to be better than you and to any that stand in front of them, people really good or with good capability to do things you would also like to do. So, if you want to be good, first, you got to beat them, you got to look for them, learn from them and finally, do it better than them in order to achieve big goals.
It is a hard thinking, I know, but it’s the only way for people to internalize that they can make what they believe. If things are really inside your mind and your heart, then you can really make it.
This video is the best proof of what things that seem impossible can be made with a dedicated work, passion and all you heart and mind directed to only one vision. The Venezuelan Albert Subirats Spent more than six years of continuous training in Arizona USA, in order to improve his performance and achieve great records times in swimming.
In July of 2007 in Melbourne, Australia, Subirats, born in Valencia, Carabobo State, participated in his first World 50 mts. Swimming pool competition. Being 20 years old this Venezuelan boy could classified to the final of the best 8 swimmers in the event of 100 mts. Butterfly. To his right was Ian Croker, actual world record of the distance, to his left was Michael Phelps, the only human being in the history to win 14 gold medals in just two Olympic Games. His great spirit, big wills, warrior soul, and totally focused mind made him to achieve the third place and bronze medal, becoming the first Venezuelan in history to stand up on the podium in a world 50 mts. swimming pool championship


Albert Subirats Altes, Lane 5 from botton to top, Representing Venezuela. Enjoy it…


No hay comentarios: